This is one of the most popular and old fashioned american desserts. I tasted it for the very first time last year at halloween. I had taken my little one for a halloween experience at a "haunted house" place.... with my friends. The Dousman Stagecoach Inn museum was a spookily decorated little house with a fortune teller.... and the kids really enjoyed the visit. The package included some treats for the kids and that's when i came across these magical bars. I couldn't help putting 3/4 pieces in my mouth...and they were absolutely delicious.
The old lady who made these gladly shared the recipe. It's really simple -- layer 7 ingredients one after the other and bake..... :)
I have come to know many shortcuts and quick fix meals in USA... and this is one of the best desserts you can make which is a hit for any get together or party. People can't stop eating it ...it's bite sized and heavenly..... I made it 3-4 times and the last week, I made it for my friends' baby shower.
- Condensed milk 1 can (14oz/396 gms)
- Graham crackers crushed to powder -- 1 and half cups
- Unsalted butter -- 1/2 cup (melted)
- Walnuts -- 1 cup (broken to small pieces)
- Dried flaked coconut -- 1 and 1/3 cup
- Dark chocolate chips -- 1 cup
- Butterscotch chips -- 1 cup